Caroline Baerten, MA, RD
Founder of Centre MeNu. Brussels, Europe
- Integrative psychotherapist (member EAIP) and CE in Clinical Psychology (VUB Brussels)
- EMDR therapist (member EMDR Belgium)
- Nutritionist - Registered Dietitian - Nutritional Therapist (E.A. Antwerpen)
- Certified Mindful Eating, Conscious Living teacher (Dr. J. Chozen Bays - C. Wilkins, USA)
- Mindfulness-Based Eating Awareness teacher (Dr. Jean Kristeller, USA)
- MBSR teacher (Dr. J. Kabat-Zinn, CFM, UMass, USA)
- Compassion-Focused Therapist (Dr. P. Gilbert, Dr. K. Goss, UK)
- Mindful Self Compassion teacher (Dr. K. Neff, Dr. C. Germer, UK)
- Beyond Experience, Integration of Altered States of Consciousness, (MIND Institute, DE)
- Functional Yin yoga teacher (J. Phee)
- Qualified chef and sommelière (WSET level 2)
- Food Forestry (Martin Crawford, UK)
Initially working in the field of arts (University of Louvain and Madrid), later her culinary curiosity was professionalized by a training as a chef and nutritionist/RD (Ter Duinen, EhBrussel).
Caroline Baerten is a psychotherapist and traumatherapist, nutritionist and chef-sommelier.
In a clinical one-to-one setting, she offer skills for those who struggle with food (and mood) issues, all kinds of addiction, trauma and stress-related behaviour. Her background as a nutritionist/registered dietician, qualified chef-sommelière, psychotherapist and mindfulness teacher makes her approach multi-faceted and holistic.
Her meditation background encompasses a wide field of experiences in both Burmese Vipassana tradition, Japanese Zen Buddhism (Great Vow Zen led by Chozen and Hogen, Roshi. Portland, OR) and Tibetan Buddhism (under guidance of Daniel Brown, PhD). For years she was also a student of zenteacher Thich Nhat Hanh. Her last 5-day retreat 'Cleaning the House' (2020) was developed by long durational performer Marina Abramovich to master the art of living.
Through various projects, Caroline wants to introduce people to the wealth of tasty and nutritious food that comes from regenerative and natural farming.